- Now that we are missing THREE Apostles, we are even more sure that President Riggs is going to be called at least as a new Seventy.
- I had to eat fish like FOUR times this week, it was so gross!
- The General Woman's Conference was awesome (I got to watch it in English this time) and we loved Uchtdorf's talk.
- Our Investigator, Ashley, loves church and reading the scriptures, (and) she is super smart. She is thinking about a baptismal date around the end of October!
- A General Authority is coming to visit our mission in November.
- The leaves are starting to change colors, and we are so excited! We heard that the best week will be the third week of October.
- We had some awesome lessons this week, and found a few new people to teach.
Life is good, The gospel is true, I love you all.
This week's email is short and sweet, but that just means the missionary work is keeping Ashley VERY busy, and that's a good thing. She loves sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ with everyone, and loves her Spanish program.
I have to share a sweet little text that a recently returned Sister Missionary sent me this past week:
". . . I thought I would let you know that your daughter is one of the best missionaries out in the Washington DC South Mission. I just got back from serving there. She is amazing.. . .we served in the same district in my last area, and she was just amazing!" M. W.
What a special little note from a darling missionary who has returned. As a Mom, I'm pretty partial to my own daughter, but it's sure nice to hear nice things from others who have been with Ashley, in the trenches!
Ashley and Hermana DeBry also got to watch the Lunar Eclipse this week, and it's fun to know we all watched the same thing at the same time, yet we are separated by a few thousand miles!
Ashley's photos this week are few but she had some yummy looking Saltenas (a type of Bolivian baked empanada), dinner at a "fancy restaurant," and, met a puppy that looks like her "Roxy."
***Note: If you happen to be one of our faithful blog followers--that means you read to this point! As Wade and I will be in Europe for the next few "Missionary Mondays," there is the great possibility that I won't get a chance to post Ashley's next few emails. I will post all her emails and photos upon our return!